Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Get over it

Here's the thing.  Sleep is my friend.  I know this.  I embrace this.  I fail at this.  When I don't get sleep I get all weird like I did yesterday.  So I apologize for posting that.  It wasn't cool.  Wasn't me.  (Seeing as how I am uber-cool)

Little boy has decided that sleep for mommy is like crawling for him.  He wants it, but not enough to actually let it happen.

Yesterday was just one of those days that I will laugh about in restrospect, although it isn't far enough removed for restrospect to be in play yet.  Little boy woke up at 2:30 and didn't go back to sleep until 3:15 and again at 5:30.  Mommy didn't get to bed until midnight (all my fault).  So I got very little sleep.  And given his recent tendency to bite me, I no longer fall asleep while nursing him.

Then I couldn't get him to take his nap, he was crying and it just isn't like him.  Daddy swooped in to save the day, must to my disappointment.  Disappointed that mommy wasn't the cure-all.  Then I was sufficiently late for work.  But I had to stop by Chick fil a and get a tray because we were having a breakfast meeting and we all brought in stuff.  So I got a coke and some hash browns to go with it.  I know, breakfast of champions.  My hash browns ended up on the floor of my car after I stopped at a stop light and the drink ended up with a puncture the size of a straw.  That would be from the straw after I bent over to pick up said hash browns from the floor.  Don't worry, I waited until I was in the parking lot at work to do this.

That was the last straw.  Literally and figuratively.  I was just done.  Then one of my awesome coworkers was walking by my car, saw the poured out coke and hashbrown on the ground and made the mistake of asking if I needed help.  Poor guy.  He is married and has children so I'm sure he is empathetic.  But I still started to cry.  And I hate crying. 

With the help of caffeine I made it through the day and by the time I got home and saw my sweet boy all was better.  And I actually got some sleep last night so all is well.  Well, mostly well.  Well, there are still a million things I would change but not today.  Today is not for worry about what might be but for appreciation of what is.  "Is" may not be perfect, but it is mine and I'll make the best of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment