Monday, July 18, 2011

The first of many

Dear Little Boy,

This has been an interesting week!  You had your first bloody nose.  I'm not gonna lie.  I cried a bit.  Apparently you did not.  You are such a vivacious little boy that you got a little too excited with one of your toys and whacked yourself in the nose.  Needless to say that toy has since been put up.  Your nose was still swollen a bit when I got home and I had the yucky task of getting dried blood out the next morning.  All is well now and somehow  I  you survived.  I have to keep telling myself you are probably going to have a few of those during your childhood.  My dad told me yesterday that I was a daredevil when I was young.  Couple that with your dad's natural inquisitiveness and we may have created an Emergency Room regular.

You are sprouting two new teeth which have caused me considerable pain, joy, and bleeding.  How, do you ask, are all three possible at the same time?  Well, I shall tell you.  First, you like to bite.  I understand your gums are hurting and you need relief.  I am not to be that relief.  Saturday morning you needed a lot of relief which led to me crying.  Mostly out of frustration and tiredness, but crying nonetheless.  Your daddy came and got you and was taking you in another room when you clearly and unmistakably called out "mama".  Oh.  My.  Goodness.  Sweetest words I ever heard.  Well, sweetest word.  Instantly I felt better.  Until you bit me again.

Sunday was my bday and your 7 month bday!  It is just you and me all week because your daddy went out of town for work.  Maybe you missed him, but you bit me again and made me bleed.  I'd finally had enough.  I called the lactation consultant and she gave me some helpful ideas and I'm going to try them out.  Hopefully we can nip this in the bud as I'm not mentally ready to stop nursing. 

So I am going to make a deal with you.  You stop biting, and I'll keep feeding.  It is a win-win.

I love you,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Oh man the memories this brings back. Dang teeth! Hope Muriel had some good suggestions.

    ReplyDelete