Friday, February 5, 2010

Peace and Quiet

I decided to be a good wife and listen to my husband for once. It is snowing today and instead of putting my job before myself, I decided to go in late. Actually, it was only after my boss called me and told me to go in late that I decided it was ok.

So I'm sitting in my kitchen diligently working. My dogs are standing beside me, diligently whining. Incessantly whining. Holy crap why are they whining so much? PLEASE STOP THE WHINING! And if it isn't the whining they are walking underneath my legs, back and forth, back and forth. Honestly, I wonder if people are ever committed for this level of insanity.

I let them outside (they LOVE the snow). I let them inside (they love the heat). I strongly discourage them from whining. Just go lay down! There are beds all over the house for nap taking - do what you do all day when we aren't here.

Then it hit me...they just want to be close to me. So I went downstairs, got two beds and within seconds, this was the result.
 

It's nice to be right.  But it is better to be loved.

5 comments:

  1. Could they be any cuter???? They love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm completely biased, but I couldn't agree more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! I've had a constant companion all the days I've been home this week. It's nice to be wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it? You guys can be my companions any ol' time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it great that you can be right and loved!

    ReplyDelete