Sunday, January 3, 2010

Don't ever lend me your shoes

Have any of you ever seen that movie "In Her Shoes"? Have I ever mentioned that I hate that movie? Don't get me wrong, it's a good enough movie, but I just get very angry every time I see it. I read the book and that also make me irate. Sorry, that was a tangent.

Anyone who knows me knows I am a klutz. Honestly. If it can be broken, cut, tripped over, ruined, burned, you get the picture, I will do it. I used to work at a Hospital and we had these green bracelets for patients that were fall hazards. I was given one. It was probably a good move.

Just a few examples of clumsiness:

-I broke my sister-in-law's stemware one Thanksgiving by filling it with ice.
-I fell up the stairs the other night with a glass of wine in my hand. By the end of the fall it was no longer in my hand. My favorite Carolina shirt is now stained.
-I took the light bulb out of the fridge today because it was burned out. It proceeded to hit my hand, the shelf, my hand, the next shelf, my hand, the bottom of the fridge, my leg, the floor. It then proceeded to shatter...after all that.
-I fell down the stairs for no good reason last night. (notice how recent all these are, and yes, completely sober)
-I often trip over my dogs.
-And finally, I actually fell down the stairs the other night (a different time) and broke my shoe. Yes, I actually broke a shoe.

So do you remember in the movie when she is in the car with her fiance and she is talking with her shoe. I could have done that, except the bottom of the shoe was on the stairs and the rest of the shoe was still on my foot. And it was my only pair of black boots that would have worked with those jeans. Sad day.

I'm sure the two of you who read this have examples of my clumsiness. Feel free to keep it to yourselves.

3 comments:

  1. I don't have any memories of your clumsiness, but I love that movie! Its Philadelphia setting, especially the Jamaican Jerk Hut, have given me quite an emotional attachment to it. Would that I could win you over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok...not to be a one upper or anything but I grew up in the same neighborhood as Jennifer Weiner. The town in Goodnight Nobody is my town. Take that Joy! :)
    As for clumsiness...I bet I could one up you there too! Dehumidifier maybe? Ha. But that's why I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh so much I cried. I love you!

    ReplyDelete