Monday, July 18, 2011

Do as I say, Not as I do

My mother-in-law was extremely sweet to me this weekend and brought me a cake for my birthday.  I'm not supposed to eat a lot of gluten which bascially means it is all I want to eat.  Preferably in the form of cakes and cookies.  And brownies.  And bread with butter. 

I put the cake (in its box) into the oven to keep it fresher.  I'm not sure if it is true the oven will keep it fresher than the counter.  Anyway, I went to cook my gluten free lunch and turned the oven on to 400.  I didn't remember the cake until the buzzer went off telling me it had reached temperature. 

Cakes don't smell very good after that type of traumatic event.  So always look in the oven before you turn it on.

And if anyone wants to buy me a cake since I ruined this one, that would be might nice of you!  I'll take chocolate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment