Monday, November 14, 2011

First Time for Everything

Dear Little Boy,

You are going to the doctor today.  Who cares, you say?  No biggie, you say.  Well.  Today is the first time you are going that wasn't already scheduled.  I'm not going to put on here why you are going as that is too much like showing your future girlfriends bathtub pictures (which I TOTALLY intend to do).  Uh, yeah, I'm THAT mom.

Worst part is I can't even take you, your daddy has to.  It's OK, I generally get all the shot visits.  But what concerns me is, what does this say about us as parents?  You are almost 11 months old, I haven't even CALLED the pediatrician before.  Now, the lactation consultant is a different story...she was on speed dial.  Does this mean we are just good, laid-back parents?  Or are we too nonchalant?  Based on the instruction manual I gave your new sitter today, I'm not sure either of them fit. 

I should have put you in a cuter outfit this morning.  And I'll have to make sure daddy takes a picture to commemorate your first sick visit!  Hmmm, I think I know who is sick here.

But I love you!

Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment