Friday, August 7, 2009

I am Bound

I love that song. I sing it in my head every time I hear someone say those words. Fortunately for me, I am bound! Let me count the ways:

1. for the promised Land. (you can sing along with me)
2. for vacation
3. for work (the first two sound much more fun)

I start my new job on August 17th. I'm so excited but sad that I have to go back to work. I was really getting used to the life of leisure.

Here is an idea of what I will miss:

-my doggies. I have gotten to spend so much time with them. They won't like that no one will be here to pet them upon command.

-my alone time. I savor my alone time, it keeps me sane.

-freedom to do what I want during the day. I've had lunches with friends, not enough with others.

-a feeling of domestication. I liked being the wife. I will have to find a way to mold my two worlds better when I go back to work.

And what I won't miss:

-my doggies. They drive me insane. In. Out. In. Out. Pick one already.

-my alone time. Geez, I would talk Brad's head off whenever I saw him, and anyone else who was unlucky enough to ask me how I was doing. I need people to talk to.

-freedom to do what I want during the day. After about the 2nd month I lost my steam for getting stuff done. Plus, I can only watch The Haunting so many times before I've seen them all and had the same nightmares over and over.

-a feeling of domestication. I could go forever without having to cut the grass again.

So it is interesting to me that the things I love are also the things that will be somewhat easy to leave behind.

1 comment:

  1. As soon as I saw the title I was singing. I love that song as well. Yet another reason why I love you. And I love that you love the things you can't wait to leave behind. Very true on all accounts

    ReplyDelete