Thursday, September 9, 2010

Note to Self

Everyone knows I love my dogs.  They are cute and sweet and love me even though they shouldn't.  While our house was on the market my mother was very gracious in taking them off our hands for a bit.  I think it was actually about a month.  They came home this weekend and since then it has become apparent what having my dogs back tell me:
  • They are hairy.  Their hair likes my floor.  Their hair likes my nose.  Their hair likes my clothes.  My house was much cleaner for the month they were gone. 
  • They are loud.  They 'talk' too much.  They whine too much.  Things were much quieter while they were gone.
  • Alarm clocks are unnecessary.  It is now impossible to sleep past 6:30 on a Saturday.  Or any day for that matter. Who needs to eat breakfast that early?  And I know they don't really have to pee. 
  • They are stubborn.  I know they can hear me.  Just because one of them is 13 is no excuse to ignore me when I'm talking.  It's funny they can hear the water turn on for dinner or the covers move when I'm getting out bed, but not me telling them to come back inside.
  • My house feels smaller.  Is it necessary for them to be under my feet constantly?  I can't tell you the number of times I tell everything with four legs to get out of the kitchen. 
  • Going to the bathroom alone is impossible.  Seriously, I always come out.  It's ok.  I don't need company.  Thank you for the thoughtfulness.  Next time bring me flowers out of someone else's garden or buy me dinner.
  • Schedules now revolve around them instead of me.  No more running errands after work.  No more...well, that is all I would do.
In retrospect, I now realize I'm just preparing myself for kids.  I think I'm screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment