Wednesday, September 22, 2010

It just fits

This weekend Brad and I celebrated our 12 year wedding anniversary.  I know I should have written this sooner, but hellooooo, I'm a little busy.  We got to celebrate by doing Children's Church and then continuing to move and pack.  By 9:00 we were just plain exhausted.  On Saturday we were going to get something for dinner and I said, "how about you go in and get dinner while I run into Hallmark".  He said, "what do you need at Hallmark?".  Yes, I thought it was kinda an obvious one as well.  I simply replied, "A card."  He then quickly said, "how about we both go in Hallmark".  We'd both been so busy we hadn't had time to even get a card for each other!

Suffice it to say, we didn't get to enjoy each other or our special day this year.  But honestly, that is ok.  Sure, a trip would have been wonderful.  A dinner out would have been nice.  But I get to spend every day with him, and that is enough.  Sometimes more than enough.  :)  Just knowing he is there is such a comfort to me that I struggle how to tell people who are newlyweds or looking for spouses or getting ready to get married just how wonderful it is.  After the newness fades and you've seen the absolute worst in each other, how do you explain how awesome that is?  I know that sounds like an oxymoron, (I just love that word) but there is something about knowing what he is going to say or how he is going to react that I love.  There is something to knowing that during football season I need to get my talking in before the games that I love too.  And there is something to knowing that when he says "So, I was thinking...", I need to run for cover that is comforting.  Because it is Brad.  And through the divine grace of God, he is mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment