Sunday, July 11, 2010

Unanswered Prayers

I've been waiting for awhile to write this blog.  Three years to be exact.  As you know, I've prayed a long time about becoming a mother.  I've wanted it so badly it was almost blinding.  And for three years I had unanswered prayers.  I can see now there was a reason.  God really does know what he is doing.  It's hard for me to admit I am wrong...even in this case. 

Looking back, now I can see I wasn't ready.  Sure, I was 30, 31, 32.  How can I not be ready to be a mom?  There are reasons, and God knew those.  Part of it was that I was never really ready to relinquish control.  Surely if I just try this one thing, it will work.  Well, not always.

I was reading back over my blogs a few weeks ago and came across one I wrote in March of this year.  In it I wrote about submitting to God my feelings, my stress, my hurts, my restlessness.  The timing is interesting.  Because about 2 weeks later, I found out I was expecting.  :)

To any of you who I haven't told personally, I'm truly sorry!  But I just couldn't keep it in anymore!  Sorry for the bad quality of the picture, I couldn't get my scanner to work. 

1 comment:

  1. I've been waiting for this post. It's beautiful. And so is that sweet little baby.

    What a joy it is to have walked with you through this journey and I can't wait to see you as a mom. You're going to be great!

    ReplyDelete