Yesterday was my birthday and I've been trying to think of what to write for a blog to commemorate. Thirty-four things about me sounds hard and quite depressing, so we will skip that one for now. Then I started thinking about movies, for no apparent reason, and said aloud (again, for no apparent reason) "I wonder what I would be missing if I was 17 again". So let's just see where this takes us.
1. I wouldn't have a mortgage. Yeah, this is one of those good things. Especially right now as we are getting ready to have two of them. Don't ask. I'll tell later. But secretly I think Brad is trying to kill me.
2. I wouldn't have met Brad yet. This one I'm on the fence about. KIDDING! Well... Brad and I have been through so much that I really can't remember my life before him.
3. I wouldn't have experienced college yet and met some of the most amazing friends I could ever imagine.
4. I wouldn't have been in debt yet (and gotten out). Another good one.
5. I wouldn't have known my own life struggle. I struggled with a lot of things in high school, but nothing that I couldn't sweep under the rug and pretend wasn't there.
6. I wouldn't have gotten close to my brother and sister.
7. I would still be scared to cut certain people out of my life.
8. I wouldn't know the true value of family and friends.
9. I wouldn't know about facebook yet. Or email, really. I knew about it, but all my friends were in school with me, what in the world did I need email for?
10. NO CELL PHONES
11. I wouldn't have time to read for pleasure.
12. I think friends you meet as adults are different and better in their own way.
13. I wouldn't truly know the Lord.
14. I really wouldn't know responsibility yet.
15. I would still get lots of birthday presents.
I often wonder what I would do differently if I could do it all over again. For one, I'd study more in college. But at the same time, that was it's own experience. I lead a very blessed life, one that I really couldn't have imagined at the age of 17. It makes me wonder what will be different when I'm 50! I remember thinking 30 was so old when I was 17. Now I just think anything older than me is old.